• October 25 & 26, 2013: PumpkinFest
The annual PumpkinFest is now a tradition in downtown Dayton, Tennessee! The festival offers our kids an alternative to traditional Halloween activities. Join us for two days of Fall Festival Fun, Food, and Entertainment & Halloween festivities for the whole family!
Food and Craft Vendor Booths will be set-up on the Courthouse lawn
Click here for Vendor Booth Application
Come join the “Scary-oke” Contest
….or enter the “Perfectly Pumpkin” Dessert BAKE-OFF!
For more information Click Here for the BAKE-OFF entry form
And the ever popular Costume Contest for all ages will be held again on Saturday evening! A limited number of entries per age category will be accepted so pre-registration is required. For more information or to pre-register contact Andrea at email@example.com
For a complete schedule of ALL the 2013 PumpkinFest events
• Annual Downtown Dayton Holiday Stroll
Thursday, November 14th
Come enjoy the kick-off to the Christmas Shopping Season!
Stroll our downtown shops from 5-9 pm. for our Christmas Open House with fabulous sales, entertainment, refreshments & drawings for prizes!
Holiday Stroll 2009
Children's Choir - Holiday Stroll 2009
• December 7, 2013: Christmas Downtown!
- Special sales events! Shop all day at downtown Merchants
- Brunch with Santa downtown!
- Christmas Critters -
click here to download application
- Photos with Santa
- Appalachian Christmas Music & Vendor Booths on the Courthouse lawn
- 3:30 pm: Parade Line-up
- 4:30 pm: The Horse & Carriage Parade -
click here to download Parade & Booth application
- And afterwards ~ Candlelight Caroling at the Courthouse
- Historic Rhea County Christmas Ornaments for Sale:
Click here for more details.
2013 Historic Rhea County Christmas Ornaments
First United Methodist Church - $25 each
The 2013 Ornament, First United Methodist Church, the seventh in the Historic Rhea County Ornament series, is available for purchase. All proceeds go to the downtown projects of MainStreet Dayton. For more information on each of the seven ornaments, and how to purchase
Christmas Downtown 2007
Christmas Downtown 2009
Christmas Downtown 2010
MAINSTREET SPRING FLING!
"MainStreet Spring Fling" Event - downtown April 13th
• Join us downtown for Music, Entertainment, Food & Vendor Booths on Market Street and inside Merchant locations.
Click Here for Booth Application
• Participate in various contests & downtown merchant drawings to WIN prizes!
• Downtown Merchant "Spring Fling" sales and promotions throughout the day!
JOIN IN THE "SPRING FLING" FUN!
• May 2013 – Tennessee Strawberry Festival
Sponsored by the Dayton Chamber of Commerce
- Strawberry Festival – May 10 & 11, 2013
- Strawberry Parade – May 11, 2013
See website at www.tnstrawberryfestival.com for more information!
• June 13, 2013: A Midsummer's Night Out
Thursday, June 13, 5 to 8 p.m.
Enjoy a special evening of elegance, pampering, beauty, health, shopping, food & fun!
• July 19 & 20, 2013 -
Scopes Trial Play & Festival
Featuring the play that re-enacts portions of the Scopes-Evolution Trial of 1925,
and also tells the story about how the famous trial came to be litigated in the small southern town of Dayton, Tennessee!
Live performances Friday 8:00 pm & Saturday 3:00 & 8:00 pm
• Food & Vendor Booths
• Antique Tractors & Vintage Car Show
• Downtown Merchants offering fabulous sales & specials
For more information see the Scopes website: www.scopesfestival.com